Education, Certifications & Memberships
Dean and Shizuko have both studied:
- Over 1200 hours in Massage Therapy and Holistic Health Practitioner Program at the Heartwood Institute, California in 1998, 1999.
- Over 1000 hours of Polynesian Healing, Hawaiian and Cook Island Lomilomi Art and Culture, Lau’ Kahea (Spiritual Healing) and Huna (Hawaiian Science of Mastery including:
- Auntie Margaret Machado, Captain Cook Big Island, Hawaii, 1997.
- Dr. Dane Silva, founder of the Hawaiian Lomilomi Association, Hawaii.
- Dr. Maka’al Yates, Director of the Hawaiian Healing Institute.
- Nancy S. Kahalewai, author of Hawaiian Lomilomi Big Island Massage.
- Lanakila Brandt, Mo’o Lono Priest, Kumu Hula, Kanuna Lau’ Kahea.
- Teacher’s training with Dr. Dan Silva, DC, LM; and Stephanie Opualani Gillespie, RN, LMT, 2005.
- Recognized as Kumu Lomilomi at the Hawaiian Lomilomi Association Conference 2005.
- Advanced Lomilomi and Hawaiian Art, Culture and Chanting with Kumu Hula Keala Ching and Kumu Lomilomi Pualani Gillespie, RN, LMT.
- 10-day Sea Water cleanse and Level 4 Lomilomi, Haha and Ho’oponopono with Kumu Leina’ala K. Brown-Dombrigues. Eight weeks of training, 2006.
- 2007 Hawaiian Lomilomi Conference
- 2007 Kake Ki Runga and Romi Romi with Uncle Freddie Tira, of the Cook Islands.
- 2007 Dean and Shizuko began the Three Souls Celtic Shamanic apprentice program with Dr John-Luke Edwards of Wolfindark.org
Dean has also trained in Nutrition, Herbal Healing and Counseling – holding Certifications in:
- Sports Massage
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Somatic Therapy
- Body-Centered Counselling
- Crystal Therapy Certificate (College of Bio-Dynamics)
Dean and Shizuko are both members of…
- The Hawaiian Lomilomi Association
- Natural Health Practitioners of Canada
- The Society for Shamanic Practitioners